Our legal advocates can review options, assist with the filing of protection orders, & support victims through the court process. In Pennsylvania there are 3 types of protection orders. Follow the links to learn more:
- Protection from Abuse Order (PFA)
- Sexual Violence Protection Order (SVPO)
- Protection from Intimidation Order (PFIO)
We can provide a support person to be with victims of crime and their loved ones at any of the following at their request:
- Emergency room or other medical appointments related to the crime
- Criminal and/or juvenile court proceedings
- Coroner’s inquest
- Media interviews
- Meetings with police, prosecutor’s office, or other legal appointments
Court Preparation / Orientation
Information and education to prepare for court and
to help clients understand what is happening in their case.
Assistance with Victims Compensation Claims
We can assist victims/surviving family members through the process of filing a claim with the Victim’s Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP) and provide information and updates throughout the process.
In Cambria County our ofﬁce at the courthouse is responsible for notifying victims of actions and proceedings in their case.
Referrals to Other Resources
If you have needs that fall outside our areas of service, we will be happy to assist you in finding the appropriate agency or organization to help you.